Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Internet-less in North Carolina?

I am wondering: in this age of social networks and instant digital everything, could it be possible that someone could be living life without the internet? No Google, no eBay, no Amazon, nothing. (Not because they're philosophically opposed, but because it's financially or physically impossible to access it).

It seems almost unthinkable, but I was just looking at videos shot in rural North Carolina by a public-interest group called Internet for Everyone that made me think it might be possible.
In the videos, people in economically struggling counties like Pembroke and Person describe how they struggle to help children with their homework research using slow old dial-up connections. Is it possible, I wonder, that somewhere out there, even dial-up's a luxury?

Just wondering...If anybody knows of someone for whom that's true, let me know. I suspect there's a story in there somewhere!

3 comments:

voyance par mail gratuite said...

Nice to know that there are doing that to our food. I guess anything you eat the skin, buy organic or pesticide free, anything you peel than it is not necessary.

Unknown said...


I really enjoy reading your posts as I learn a lot from them. I also broaden my thinking as far as what I can use and do with things.
voyance gratuite par mail

Julia said...

Hello, it's great to put your knowledge at the service of people. Thank you
good luck with your wonderful blog

Voyance discount rose